Thursday, June 23, 2011

Boring thoughts of Josie

This was written a week and a day ago, but I didn't ever have time to post it!


I’m on my way to Salt Lake City! I haven’t taken a trip TO SLC in 2 years. Last time I was in Utah was only a month ago for my sister’s Iron Man in Saint George. Before that I was there to help move my sister out to California from SLC. Scott and I also drove through there 1 ½ years ago, but we didn’t stay and visit.

So, I am so excited to be able to go and see al my friends that I haven’t seen in forever! Well, it really hasn’t been forever obviously. I feel like I should have accomplished more in those two years that we’ve been in Ohio. I have gotten a perfectly worthless master’s degree and I have learned how to make a dress, sew other things, half make a quiet book, crochet and baby boy’s and girls blanket, start crocheting an adult blanket, and have become a masterful priceliner. Usually people make notes of what they have accomplished around new year’s but I guess this is as good of time as any.

I have gotten 2 surgery’s from the same surgeon in Philadelphia on my hip. I have gone on a 20 mile run in secrete hopes (that I didn’t even realize) to run a marathon. I have taken the most time off running that I have since before high school! This is what I think is the craziest. I’m the most out of shape that I have been in a long time, yet I can still go on a hard bike ride, just only an hour instead of the hours I use to go on! I don’t think any of us can realize how much we will miss something until it is taken away from us.

All the non-runners/non-exercises in the world don’t understand why I would be so upset about not being able to run. They all see it as an excuse so they don’t have to feel guilty about already not exercising. Ha! I remember days at BYU where I would sneak a run or ride in and feel guilty ABOUT exercising! Funny how perceptions are different based on our priorities in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment