Sunday, September 30, 2012

Major life update- shortened version

So, if I haven't talked to you on the phone in a while, then you don't know 2 things about me:

1. I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis- hypothyroidism.
2. I'm going to school for a BSN and graduate in August 2013.

I could really leave my life update to that. It encompasses about everything that has been going on with me right now.

Obviously I have about a 10 mile long story that I could tell about my diagnosis which happened back in April 2012. I won't bore you with all the details, but anyone that has been diagnosed with this or any other auto immune disorder can attest to the frustration and unsurety that accompany about the year before a firm diagnosis. We are still trying to get a correct medication dose. I have also gone gluten-free now (as of 2 weeks ago). It was recommended to me by two doctors, so why not try it!

In terms of school, I figure that 3rd times a charm right? or three strikes you're out, which ever one works fine :). It is at UC and is an accelerated program (14 months for a BSN). It's been fun, horrible, amazing, and frustrating all in one.

Scott and I also recently went to my family's lake house in Maine. We also went to Sweden and Portugal. Both were amazingly fun except our camera broke!

We also just got iphone 5s this week because we both lost/ruined our phones. We made a big upgrade, but I am LOVING it. Especially Seri.

1 comment:

  1. muahahahahahaha! I have found your blog and now I shall pester you for life. :-D

    ReplyDelete