Monday, April 25, 2011

Random

So, I decided that for safety's sake and for the sake of not offending some people that I don't think would ever read this blog, it would not be a good idea to put up our story of our second trip to philadelphia we took just 3 weeks ago. This is a public blog and I really don't want to go through all the trouble to make a blog private and what not because I don't ever go through the trouble to make sure I have access to private blogs, so I don't expect my friends or whatever to do the same thing. Trust me it's a lot of nothing interesting.

One story that was funny was that we went to this little whole in the wall joint the first night we pulled up. There was a homeless man standing outside who asked us if we could get him 2 pieces of chicken and mumbled something else. So, we ordered him 2 pieces (this is not a story to show how cool we are for ordering a 2 dollar meal for a homeless man). We gave them to him as we were walking back to the hotel.
Me: Here are your two pieces of chicken
Him: Did you get a roll?
Me: Oh, no, I so sorry, no roll.
Him: (a very sad face)

These last couple weeks have been extremely busy. I helped out with the food for one of my friend's daughter's weddings. That was a ton of fun and everything went so well! I LOVE everything to do with food. I am catering a wedding in July and just had a tasting for the couple last thursday! I think it went well. They at least said they liked the food. If you are looking for a caterer I would love to do your event (shameless plug for myself). I don't think I'll ever really make this into a business, but we'll see.

Last Monday we went to dinner at a groupon pizza place, then to a Red's game. Scott won tickets to the game that were 15ish rows up on the 3rd base line. It was a blast especially because we would never buy tickets that close.

Since the ward talent show and bake auction I have made 2 trifles for other families. This bake auction was raise money for our young women to go to camp. I made a trifle for the action which for some reason a lot of families wanted. There were some sad faces so I told them I would make them one. Every time I make one of these I think of Provo and Sarah Frey. There was one time that I made trifle with sarah, scott, and me and we ate the entire thing. I have yet to be able to accomplish that feat again, even with more people. Good times...

Still looking for a job. Scott is still being loved and liking his job. Still have pain in my hip. Scheduling a surgery for the beginning of June. Going to Texas May 2 for 1 1/2 weeks!

We also finally decided what to do with our vacation days. We are going to Idaho for a week when Jim and Arlene get back from their mission in Russia. We will also be going to Italy for a week to see my parents who will be teaching there! Obviously I will be taking more vacations since I do not have a job, starting with my trip to Texas, then in June I will be going to SLC, and August I will be going to Maine!!! Meredith and I were going to do an amazing bike trip (360 miles in a weekish) that I had planned out along the coast of Maine and back through the hills, but do to my potential surgery, that is scrapped for this year :( At least I have it planned for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment