Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Adventure

So, we've had quite the adventure the last couple of days. Last Thursday I went down to bowling Green to get the Van with the fixed transmission. So, the drive down was quite uneventful but once I got down there I felt like I was back in Texas. I picked the van up at this little Podunk town in the middle of no where. The people there had the thickest southern draw accent ever. I LOVED IT! It was humid (like everywhere up here) and so green and treey. Everyone was so nice and wanted to tell you their life story. I felt at home! Well, I then had to drive back which was quite an adventure. I was going on the outskirts of Louisville when traffic came to a stop. I couldn't exit for another 1 1/4 miles. I went 1 1/4 miles in 2hours and 45 minutes!!!!! Ya that was not fun. People kept getting so upset and the breakdown lane became a real lane. Well, apparently there was an accident on the highway and the had to close it. Well, I finally found my way home and picked Scott up from work at 6:30! I guess they'll just think he's a hard worker! Well, we still had to exchange the van for our car! So on Friday right after Scott got back from work, we drove up to Cleveland. We stayed at some people's house that my parents met in Greece. They were really nice. The next morning I woke up way to early to say so I could go run and we were out of there at 7:00 a.m. Well, we headed up to Niagara falls. We saw Niagara falls in two hours and then headed to Palmyra, NY. Palmyra is where a lot of the LDS church history is so, we went and toured around that area till about 6:30 p.m. We met up with my parents while we were going through the area. Well, all I can say is it was unbelievable! The Spirit there was so strong. Well, my parent got a new GPS so we got sally, their old one. Well, we were planning on just staying at a rest stop along the way and then finding church to go to in the morning. Well, we plugged in our home address and Sally told us we could be home at 2:00! Well, that made our minds up that we were going all the way. We had some very nasty weather with tornadoes just south of us. We got back safe. I don't know the last time sleep felt so good to me. Well, this week I've been working a lot on Scott's Christmas present. This is truly amazing because I don't know the last time I though about Christmas until it had already passed, literally. We haven't ever had Christmas on Christmas. So, it's my goal this year to actually have holidays on holidays! I just went out and bought yarn and fabric. I'm going to make a cardigan and a dress and with the yarn a baby's blanket for our baby we'll have in at least another year. I know it's a little early, but why not? Well, until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment