Tuesday, July 14, 2009

More fun in Cincy

So, right now we are taking care of a boy in the Ward. So, I have internet! Well there are a couple funny stories... I got home from a run one day and started taking a shower. I heard someone buzz at the door (our building is locked so you have to buzz people in). It was around the time that Scott should have been getting home, so I assumed it was him. I was about to jump out and buzz him in when I realized that he had keys. So I finished up as quick as I could and then realized that I had put the chain lock on our door so he wouldn't be able to get in no matter what. I heard banging on the door and kept yelling just a minute, but the walls are sound proof so you can't hear anything. So I hopped out of the shower without even squeezing my hair out and ran to the door in my towel. Right as I took the chain off the door opened and there stood our maintance man! He screamed in horror seeing someone on the other side becuase he had been banging making sure no one was inside before he opened the door. Well, then he became really embarased becuase I was just in a towel with my hair dripping. I said sorry I thought you were my husband! Well he had to turn our AC on so he could work on it. I went to the back while he explained what he was doing and then left! I thought it was funny I think he was too embarased to think so. Well, Anyway, I have loved the running around here! It is gorgous and there is a 1459 Acre park just 2 min run away! It has so many trails I haven't even begun to find or run on them all yet. The trails here are like heaven! The trees are so thick that there is no sun that gets through so it's so cool and shady. yesterday I saw a little bamby and his mom and today I saw about 6 bucks just chillin. They looked up at me then just went back to what they were doing. Just to clarify, We are not in the boonies we are about 5 miles from downtown, and we are right off the highway. Well the street we live on is called Montana Ave. I have to run on it for a while if I want to go on anyother run then the massive park. I run down it everyday. I see the same people at the bus stops and say hi to each one. I feel as though I kinda know them now. Some are friendly and some still don't say hi back. Well, on saturday Scott and I were in the library. Scott was looking at some movies and a guy came by the table and said "hey, I see you run down montana everyday!" I laughed and said "ya" Then he said " You're FAST!" Then I really laughed and said thanks. So, it's just a matter of time before people are calling me "that crazy montana runner."

I've become quite domestic. Yesterday and today I worked on making a bed skirt. I finnaly finished today! Tommorrow I will be working on matching curtains to go with it. I'll post a pic soon. When I feel like everything is clean enough and I'm back on my computer.

Well, Scott keeps working, he goes in aroun 8:30 and comes home between 5:30-6:15. It's his second week and he's still going through training. Next week real stuff starts. They gave him a lap top and they are getting their cubes tomorrow!

That's about all that is remotaly interesting that is happening. This is long enough and I don't want to boar people!
Jocelyn and Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment